Kuehne+Nagel is implementing a Document Management System called KN Docs to enable the business and functional units to store documents, manage workflows and distribute documents of all kinds in a well-governed and audit-proof way. We are looking for a software engineer to join our international team in this great journey!
You will be responsible for implementing and customizing features on the user interface as well as in the backend. Your experience and knowledge will help you to convert business requirements into solutions that enable efficient processes and workflows. As the application is being rolled out to thousands of users, please also expect some issue analysis and bug fixing. This is a great opportunity to work on a key piece of software that will be used worldwide on a daily basis.
- Solution design for new functionality based on the user requirements
- Implement new functionality and apply changes to existing user interface and business logic
- Analyze software issues and provide solutions
- Manage system versions and deploy new versions to different environments
- Monitor system interfaces, log files, system availability
- Respond to user support requests
- Professional education or academic degree in IT, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in software development or customizing, profound knowledge of Visual Basic and Groovy, basic understanding of JAVA
- Basic knowledge of SQL language
- Experience with Unix/Linux (e.g. RHEL)
- Autonomous learning and eager to understand business requirements
- Good analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Familiar with working in an agile team
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Your work will have a direct influence on the future of logistics and IT. We value teamwork, continuous learning, and diversity and our working language is English. Your colleagues are experts who shape the IT industry in Estonia and worldwide. We are located in Tallinn, Estonia - the most digitalized place on Earth. Kuehne + Nagel opened its Corporate IT Center in Tallinn August 2012, located in the new Technopolis district of Ülemiste City. Up until today we are close to 400 IT professionals and are still looking for new bright minds.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
+49 151 441 47 430
Kuehne + Nagel